During difficult times in our lives, we all need someone to be there for us to offer advice, understanding, emotional support or just a shoulder to cry on.
This is especially true if you are facing an unplanned pregnancy and considering adoption for your child.
Most women find that they can’t do this alone. This process (both the decision-making process and adoption process) will require the support of those people who:
- will provide insightful advice and opinions but only when asked for or when appropriate
- won’t judge you for whichever decision you choose to make
- can offer assistance for everyday tasks, including transportation, support during doctor visits, etc.
- you can trust and to whom you can say anything
Candidates to Enlist as Part of Your Support System
There are likely many people in your life who can be great resources during this time, and this list of candidates may include people whom you haven’t even yet considered.
People whom you may consider include:
- your parents
- your siblings
- other close family members like grandparents, aunts, uncles or cousins
- your close friends
- members of your religious organization
- local support groups
- and adoption specialists
That’s right – even your adoption specialist can be a member of your support system.
Our adoption counselors pride themselves on not only providing women like you the best services possible but also serving the role as a friend throughout this process. Your wellbeing is very important to each person of our staff, and we will support you every step of the way.
You adoption counselor is always just a quick phone call, email or text away, and she will respond to you as soon as possible. In the event of an emergency, we will always be there for you.
A strong support system is immensely beneficial in a number of ways. Please contact The Law Office of James Fletcher Thompson for more information.