Here at Thompson Dove Law Group, we have a passion for building families through adoption and assisted reproduction. This passion comes from the rewarding work we do, and from the incredible team that makes all of our efforts a reality. Each month, we will give you an insider’s look into what makes life at our firm truly special.
February’s featured team member is Adoption Investigator, Joanne Metcalf.
1) What is your official title?
2) How long have you worked at Thompson Dove Law Group?
3) Describe a typical day on the job.
Correspond with previous clients and affiliates of Thompson Dove Law Group which include birth parents, adoptive parents, adoptive families, and adoptees. My duties consist of acting as a liaison. I bring these parties together if circumstances permit.
4) Why are you passionate about adoption and assisted reproduction?
Working in the adoption field allows me to fulfill a seemingly life long ambition to assist those who have a desire to add to their families through adoption and assisted reproduction. It is so rewarding to receive pictures and testimonials from those families who have successfully completed the adoption process.
5) What has been your most joyous or monumental memory with the firm so far?
Everytime I assist with a successful reunion between birthparents and adoptees it is a very joyous and memorable moment.
6) Describe yourself in three words.
Passionate, trustworthy, loyal.
7) What is your favorite aspect of your job?
Sharing pictures and written correspondence with adoptive families, birth parents, and adoptees. The reunions are a culmination of these efforts.